Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I forgot to post last week.. 5th Meeting

Our meeting last Friday went well. We reviewed different tenses of verbs and how to form questions from statements. She had a lot of trouble in forming questions, however, after I gave her some tips, she got the hang of it. Following the workbook exercises, we moved to the computer station and created a Yahoo email address for Marisol. Unfortunately, Univision's emails require a subscription and monthly fee, something that I was not expecting. I felt really bad when this happened because I know Marisol was really excited about getting health food updates emailed to her.

As our meeting drew to a close, we spoke about how many meetings we had left together. I informed her that next week (the 1st) would be our last meeting. However, I told her that I wanted to continue helping her next semester and continue to make an impact in her life. I could tell she was excited about the continuing of her English education. Hopefully things will work out next semester and I can continue to tutor Marisol.

No comments:

Post a Comment