Sunday, March 22, 2009

3rd meeting with Marisol

On the Friday before spring break (the 20th), I was supposed to meet with Marisol again. I was sitting in my room studying for a test I had later that day and glanced at my watch. It was 12:30. I then looked to the left of my desk and saw the GED books sitting there. I immediately knew I had forgotten to meet with Marisol. I had been studying all morning for my test and completely forgot. The feeling that came over me was terrible. I sat there thinking about her sitting in the Rec, looking at her watch waiting for me to come around the corner. I had let her down and I hated myself for it.

I quickly picked up my phone and dialed her number, trying to get a hold of her so I could beg her to accept my apology. She didn't answer. I left a long message apologizing profusely and telling her I would meet with her 3 times the first week back in order to make up for it. I was legitimately upset. I had let Marisol down and I had let myself down. The feelings that overcame me were awful. I thought about it for the rest of the day, blaming myself for being inconsiderate and a terrible person.

I really hope Marisol can forgive me and does not hate me for missing our session. I will just have to wait to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment