Friday, March 27, 2009

Actual 3rd meeting with Marisol

Today I met with Marisol for the 3rd time. It was a good session and I felt like I taught her and helped her a lot more. I used the new books given to me by Dr. Williams and they were much more effective. They are simple and easy for her to understand, unlike the GED book we had been using before. We went over prepositions and plural and singular verbs. She had a lot of trouble with the prepositions, but by the end of the meeting she was grasping the concept better.

After meeting with Marisol today, I really noticed how never going to school has affected her life. Not only has she never been taught formally, she doesn't know exactly how to learn. I don't know if that makes sense but it is evident that she doesn't understand concepts well at all. This is really hard for me because I have to do my best to explain things. I always just want to say "this is how is it just because" or "it just sounds right" but I prevent myself and do my best.

Nevertheless, Marisol is trying her hardest, as am I. She has already learned a lot and will continue to do so.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is so great. It is such an entirely new way to explain things BECAUSE of the different learning process! Your paitence is going a long way.

    ReplyDelete